Friday, April 16, 2010

Star Ocean: Second Evolution [Spoilers a ...

I've finally cut my way to the end of Second Evo, and am in the process of taking down the Ten Wise Men. Six of them have already fallen and now I'm up against Haniel and Michael. The thing is, they rip me to shreds each and every time I go up against them. The Wise Men I'd fought to this point didn't give me too much trouble, but H %26 M are on another level.So what I was wondering was, even with all my characters around level 80, am I still woefully underpowered? Can the last Wise Men (not just H %26 M but Lucifer and Gabriel as well) be beaten at this level of strength, or do I have many hours of level grinding ahead of me?Star Ocean: Second Evolution [Spoilers a ...
hey dude, hows it going? My friend had the same problem as you and he was level 120, i was only 60 and I had already finished the game. The tactic with H and M is that you cant stick to ur group cuz i believe M does this like arrow like move that petrifies ur whole party right? well as long as u got at least rena equipped with the amulet that makes her immune to petrification she can heal everyone back up, as long as u dont get caught in the move. Also my setup was Claude, Rena, Ashton, Noel where noel and rena both had the condition cure spell. Theyre pretty easy, just that the petrification is a one hit KO, L and Gabriel are easier than them but maybe you might have some trouble with Gabriel as he does this aura of shadow spell (tbh i dont know the name, its been awhile since i played) that does like 1000 per 0.1 seconds if ur caught in it. Good luck hope u made sense of this :PStar Ocean: Second Evolution [Spoilers a ...
Just spam Mirror Blade with Claude on Michael and after that it's an easy battle :wink: And don't worry, Lucifer is a push over, beat him in under 2 minutes.I was around level 75 I think.
For one, equip everyone with an amulet of flexibility (the one that blocks against stone) if you haven;t already. That will make the battle easier. And I would then focus on killing Michael first, because his flame moves can be devestating. And make sure you are using killer moves that can hit multiple times, such as Claude's mirror slice or his double slash.And as for the other two Wise men afterwards, I actually found Lucifer to be quite easy. As long as you can survive his wind attack, he should be able too go down without much hassle. You can always equip accessories that halves wind damage, such as a green beryls, which I believe do half wind damage.Gabriel, on the other hand, is much more challenging than Michael and haniel. Gabriel has many lethal attacks and spells, that if you do not prevent, can obliterate your characters. I would highly recommend finding a pair of bunny shoes, which if you are lucky, you can win at the bunny races in Fun City. Bunny shoes, when equipped, make a character much MUCH faster in battle. There are other ways to get these bunny shoes; you can pickpocket certain people and get them (I don't know who though, I just know you can after reading a guide), or there is an optional place you can go to, that will open up once you reach the final save place before gabriel.
Thanks for the advice folks, it looks like judicious use of Claude's Mirror Blade might give me the edge I need (I think I'd seen this mentioned in a Gamefaq walkthrough as well). I think I'll put in a bit of level grinding to be safe, gird my loins, and then we'll see what happens...
[QUOTE=''moath21'']hey dude, hows it going? My friend had the same problem as you and he was level 120, i was only 60 and I had already finished the game. The tactic with H and M is that you cant stick to ur group cuz i believe M does this like arrow like move that petrifies ur whole party right? well as long as u got at least rena equipped with the amulet that makes her immune to petrification she can heal everyone back up, as long as u dont get caught in the move. Also my setup was Claude, Rena, Ashton, Noel where noel and rena both had the condition cure spell. Theyre pretty easy, just that the petrification is a one hit KO, L and Gabriel are easier than them but maybe you might have some trouble with Gabriel as he does this aura of shadow spell (tbh i dont know the name, its been awhile since i played) that does like 1000 per 0.1 seconds if ur caught in it. Good luck hope u made sense of this :P[/QUOTE]Yeah, that move of his - 'Specule', I think it's called - is very annoying. What's been getting me though is Haniel's Mental Drain, which robs Rena of just about all her MP right when I need her healing spells most!

No comments:

Post a Comment