Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Connecting PSP to TV? (Not a noob questi ...

Okay here it goes, I just bought a 22'' HDTV from Vizio, and I have my PSP Slim. I also own the actual component cable, with all 5 heads. I've seen FAQs to hook the cable up to the TV:



Now, it's all hooked up correctly, and in the Connected Display settings I have it set to Progressive Scan. When I hold down the Connected Display button my PSP shows the little sign that it has connected to a different output, but the TV remains blank with the words ''No Signal''.



The TV's input is set to ''Component'' and I know that config works because when I plug my XBox 360 component cables in thats the setting I use to display it.



So, now that I've said all that, anybody have any idea why it's not connecting? Thanks!Connecting PSP to TV? (Not a noob questi ...
Hmmm, sounds as if everything is right. Do you hear the sound from your psp coming out of the TV, when the TV has the component input selected? I have a Vizio as well, and I can hear the psp on the TV even before the TV gets a video signal.Connecting PSP to TV? (Not a noob questi ...
Sounds like you did everything right!! I have a 32in Vizio and it works fine for me (the one time I tried it). I found it to be a big waste of money. I used it once for about 5 minutes
NOpe I don't even hear a sound, the screen remains blue with the words ''No Signal'' on it, thats all. Weird, i know
Assuming your Vizio works the same as mine, the audio jack on your psp works, the volume is up, and that the connections are correct, it sounds as if the cable is broken.

Although it seems unlikely, I can't image what else it would be.

For me, as soon as my psp is connected to the tv and I switch the tv over to component, I can hear the psp sounds from the tv. If you can't hear anything, but you know the audio jack works because you have tried it with headphones, and you know the component connection on the tv works because you have tried it with another device, then I can only conclude that the problem lies with the cable.



Hit Amazon, for a $10 psp component cable.
Does your TV support progressive scan? the psp only works with progressive scan tvs.

No comments:

Post a Comment