Wednesday, April 14, 2010

EA Replay

Just picked it up this afternoon and I have to say, it's an awesome collection. For anyone who enjoys the golden oldies, don't be put off by Gamespot's review. IMO it's every bit as fun as the Atari Hits Compilation. Saw it on sale at the local Gamestop for 9.99 and almost peed myself after reading it had the original Mutant League Football in it! :) Figured that has to be worth 10 bucks alone right there..Glancing down the list a few more caught my eye. Syndicate (not the best version, but still fun), Road Rash 1-3, a pair of Wing Commander games, and the original Budokan!(Someone tell me there as excited about this as I am so I don't feel so old) :oops:Anyways, been playing it nonstop and it's been one big nostalgia trip. 14 games in total but I've only touched MLF, Syndicate and Budokan.Starting to ramble here so I'll hurry and hit the post button. Just felt like sharing. You guys got any questions about it let me know.EA Replay
That's good to know, because I thought Gamespot's review seemed a little too harsh.EA Replay
Agreed. They seemed far too focused on the controls. You figure, a PSP is a step above an SNES controller button wise, so any blockiness or sticky control is within the game itself. I don't think an SNES game exists without some kind of hampered control (by today's standards anyway) so whats the big deal?Just because a game has aged, doesn't mean it has aged for the worse..
Cool. I planned on picking it up so this gives me more of a chance to. I personally love retro collections game for the PSP. One of my most favorite game on the PSS is Capcom Collections Remixed. The fact that Road Rash is in EA Replay is making want it even more.
Yeah there a ton a fun. Nothing like chaining a fellow biker to the face at 150 mph. :DBeen meaning to pick up that Capcom Collection actually. The oldies are getting real tough to find nowdays..
[QUOTE=''lostcali8'']Yeah there a ton a fun. Nothing like chaining a fellow biker to the face at 150 mph. :DBeen meaning to pick up that Capcom Collection actually. The oldies are getting real tough to find nowdays..[/QUOTE]*Warm Fuzzy Here*
[QUOTE=''lostcali8'']Agreed. They seemed far too focused on the controls. You figure, a PSP is a step above an SNES controller button wise, so any blockiness or sticky control is within the game itself. I don't think an SNES game exists without some kind of hampered control (by today's standards anyway) so whats the big deal?Just because a game has aged, doesn't mean it has aged for the worse..[/QUOTE]you mention SNES, but many of the EA Replay games are from the Genesis. Especially Road Rash 1,2,3. Those 3 games were Genesis only. I own Road Rash II for my genesis and the ONLY thing EA screwed up on this collection was the music. The music in ALL 3 road rash games was just taken out completely and filled with horrible music. It's just a shame. IF they had carried over the original music the game would be GREAT. But i would say EA Replay is good, and worth $10-15 at most.
SNES and Genesis were the two platforms they pulled em from if Im not mistaken. Same can probably be said about the Genesis controllers though. And yeah, the music thing was a bit weird. Don't understand what the reason could have been for that. Always thought the music was a high point of the series. Size maybe?Still though, beats tracking down a genesis and 1-3 separately. You can do a lot worse for 9.99

No comments:

Post a Comment